Despite it all though i had a sweet week sharing a room with three elderly ladies, who made me laugh till it hurt, & pray til i smiled, i mean what a blessing in the middle of it all, God is good at all times & in every situation!!!
Before i went in last week i had prepared this wee tutorial as requested by a friend to post. Its for a tissue holder, now i know that lots of you know how to make these so this is for those who don't, or are learning to sew. Its quite simple...............
1. Cut out piece of your favorite prettiest fabric to measure 7.5 by 5.5 inches. Also cut two contrast pieces for trim 5.5 by 1.5 in, add to the mix a cute piece of lace or ric rac & we're off!!!!
2. Machine stitch the trim to each end of the main fabric. This is important the right side of the trim is to be facing the wrong side of the main fabric. Leave a quarter inch seam allowance. (i find the width of the presser foot a good guide)
3. Press the seam flat in one direction as above.
4. Fold the contrast trim back onto the right side of the fabric, turn in at the edge & press again, pin in place if you feel you need to. (Tip, always put pins in horizontally so that the machine needle can sew over them)
5. Stitch along the edge of the contrast & remove pins.
6. Pin on lace or ric rac & machine again.......almost there!!!!
7. Fold the fabric in half & snip a little piece top & bottom just to mark the center.
8. Wrong side facing out fold both edges in to the center, leave a tiny wee gap there & pin to hold in place.
9. Machine stitch top & bottom, again using the edge of the presser foot as a guide.
10. Turn the tissue holder right side out, pushing the corners out gently with a small scizzors.
11. Press again.............
12. Fill with tissues (obviously :D ) & VIOLA!!!!! one tissue holder
Really love these simple makes, they are so nice as gift extras, for the kids in school & are so quick to run up once you get the hang of them. Please let me know if the tutorial is ok & easy to understand, don't hesitate to let me know if any of it is not clear, its my first one & i hope maybe the first of many!!!!!
So thats my contribution for this week, i did bring my crochet with me to hospital, but just could not concentrate at all.........................needless to say i produced one square all week. Now however i'll be rolling them out as i'm under strict orders from all "no work for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", so lots of sitting on my less ample bottom (after the hospital food) & hookin to my hearts content. Thats not fair the food was quite nice really, just didn't have an appetite.
I'll leave you with a few pics of my sweet acer tree which has a lot less leaves this week, still real pretty though!
Hope you have a lovely evening
Lots of love Karen Xxxxx