Saturday, 21 January 2012

Baking Day !!!!!

I'm not sure what came over me this morning, specially as I feel quite
tired today, but the baking bug bit hard so I whizzed into action
& whipped up some sweet goodies.
Just the right thing for the weekend....Don't you think?????

First up is a recipe i spotted on this blog Frugal Queen in this post.
Its called Oatey Mincemeat Slice


Its a def winner of a recipe, thank you Frugal Queen!!!!!
Plus I got to use up the last of my Christmas mince yummmmmmmmm!!!!

Next some "healthy" wholemeal cookies
I promise they are healthy...very little sugar & a wee bit of butter


And last of all delicious almond cake.
Recipe here.........Lifes Rich Pattern. I've made this one a few times & it just seems to be a fail safe 
cake & absolutely YUM!!!!!!


At this very moment I am indulging in a slice with a nice cup of coffee.....


You know its one of the lightest cakes I've ever tasted, go check out the recipe.
Of course I needed to cook up something nutritious...
Minestrone Soup


I do solemnly swear I will start my diet on Monday....sometime in June :D
Have an absolutely wonderful weekend
Lots of love Karen xxxxxxx

ps...a few people asked where I got the cross stitch kit....it came from mariescrosstitch.co.uk
Its an Anchor kit....CC74027 Traditional Sampler
I think you would have to google the site address as i didnt save the exact link.
TOODLES!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Oh diet schmiet!!! :) We are doing the same thing here. Oatmeal cookies, soup, and casseroles. It is COLD outside!! Comfort food is required!
    xoxoxo Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum! :o)
    Everything looks just delicious.
    And such a beautiful table setting.
    Your cross stitch is so cute!
    You will have so much fun with it.
    So nice to be able to put down and pick
    back up as needed. :o)
    Have a lovely weekend.
    hugs, Trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that all looks so delicious! I feel hungry now :-) Hugs Nicolexxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a totally delicious post! All those baked treats and that stunning china - absolutely gorgeous hon. I know what you mean about the diet starting sometime... I just had chocolate for breakfast aaaargh how did that happen? Have a fab week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh yummy, all those things look delicious. It's a bit hot for baking here today but I did manage to make some banana and yogurt muffins yesterday with a drizzle of lemon icing on top. We have my neice and nephew staying and the nephew has just turned 14 and a bottonless pit when it comes to food.
    Enjoy your Sunday,
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Karen, yum yum,yum, I love your baking, just perfect indeed for the weekend, hope yours is going well. Off to do more study now. Big hugs, Margie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have days like that. I just want to bake and bake, and of course, I have to try everything I make. :) Soup is so good for you! I make it all the time, all year round, even when it is 120 degrees outside. I don't do diets. I just try to eat right most of the time so that I can indulge every once in a while. :) Happy day to you, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh please, why do you tempt us so with the lovely baked treats! They look scrummy, your girls are very lucky indeed. January definitely is not the time to start a diet, need something to keep us going through the dark nights! Yum!

    Helen xx

    Oh and love the china too!

    ReplyDelete