Monday 28 January 2013

Lots of sweetness

Yep.....it was one of those family time weeks. Lots of baking & eating & relaxing crochet & crafting.
I do feel refreshed.......& a few pounds heavier. But in fairness the weather is so bad, stepping outside your front door is just way too much of a challenge.
So baking.............colors are real bad, so just insert pink or chocolate where appropriate


Brownies of course with pink buttercream icing, lasted all of ten minutes, goodness it was like a feeding frenzy, would understand in a house full of boys, but I've got all ladies (hmmmmp) here!!!!


This was just for Aidan & me, shortbread with christmas mince filling (I have Four jars leftover) oh yum!!!
This was just scrummy, ate it for breakfast, lunch & dinner & of course with all the cups of coffee in between...what a glutton....I would do it all over again.


Ella's mini cupcakes....24 gone in a flash....I swear my intention when baking is to have something nice in a storage container for a few days, you know if a visitor or two should pop by (custard creams for the guests)
These were really pink & pretty with chocolate on top...I love Ella cupcakes.


Orange cake with cream cheese topping......now this one we did share, I brought it to a friends house on Saturday evening to eat after we feasted on the most delicious curries, three different types, ohhhh my poor digestive system.!!!!!!

So to little bits of crafty goodness, all while sitting on my sofa, I couldn't move........too much food not enough exercise....back to fitness this week DEFINITELY
I crocheted this wee hat for my friends baby......


And a pair of felt baby booties, the pattern for the booties is from Heather Bailey over here at her blog.
They're called bitty booties & the pattern is free, have a peek at the flickr group for them, lots of sweet eye candy.


Making some valentines gifts also, a cute owl with hearts, will post it when finished. Made some of these a few years back here, think it was my first ever blog post. The pattern for these are from Juicy Bits blog, real nice to make.
Also did some work on this quilt, squaring up the blocks & so on, also added a block of my own



Such a nice week, family, friends, food.............& stitching, absolute heaven, this week is back to reality.
Ah well, I love it anyway
Hope you are all having a nice evening
Thank you soooo much for dropping by, I love hearing from you
Lots of love Karen x

3 comments:

  1. So you have been baking too! :) Your baked goodies look scrummy, the orange cake looks wonderful. Lots of lovely crafting going on in your house too. Those little booties are gorgeous.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You busy lady! I love those little booties. I'll have out check out the tutorial - I need a present for a little one I am meeting tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete