Wednesday 8 May 2013

Hi There!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi there, very long time no see. I have a last found a wee bit of time to check in & put up a lil post on this long neglected blog of mine. To tell you the truth I thought I was finished with blogging, but after a two month absence I have found myself missing it a lot.
Its been a busy few months with our wedding anniversary, Easter, a trip to Australia to visit my parents & family & just life in general which has been busy, busy, busy.
I haven't done much in the way of crafting, but am determined to rectify that over the next while.

Am at the moment putting a border on this blanket........


Almost there after months of ignoring it, I finally got the finger out & am very much wanting to have a new blanket to send to a special someone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also am almost finished collecting & piecing blocks for this bee quilt ...........


Not too sure of the layout yet but def getting there, hope it'll be as sweet as I'd imagined in this sometimes way too overactive lil brain of mine & its sooooooo not as easy as I'd thought it would be, isn't that always how it goes :)


A few new cushions on my sofa......am working my way through redoing my much in need of a lick of paint sitting room, walls are a disgrace, but hey at least the sofa looks some bit presentable eh !!!!!


Then my next crochet project, which quite simply is gonna be a whopping great big throw made up of the far too many leftover colours & types of yarn cluttering up my already much too cluttered house, I'm hoping it will be colourful, eclectic (sounds hopeful) & a bit nice when its done (gotta use the waste)

So that's it, all I have to show for a whole two months............I'm determined to finish the border & stitch in ends, quilt a quilt that needed quilting for a year now .......& all this by Monday (yeah right) so stayed tuned please.........

Missed you all so much, am off now to catch up with you guys, can't wait
Lots of love Karen xxxxx

7 comments:

  1. Hey! Good to see you again! I LOVE the edge you are putting on the blanket, so pretty! And your quilt! Who knew there were so many different heart blocks out there to make!! I'm thinking a quilt like that might just be getting added to my to-do list!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Back Karen...I so missed all your lovely things! OH my gosh, that quilt!!!! it's going to be just gorgeous!!
    xx Shari

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello Karen,
    great to have you back!

    I see you have lots of lovely makes on the go ,as usual.... :-)

    Bet you had a fantastic time in Australia.
    My sister lives in NSW ... and family scattered around between Brisbane,Melbourne and Toowoomba. What area did you go to?

    Keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missed you! Glad you are back. Your baby blanket is so beautiful...great colors, and I love that stitch! It's one of my favorites. The border looks delicious!! I love elaborate borders. Pretty quilt coming together too, and who doesn't love a Granny?? You came back with a bang.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen! I was so happy to see you had posted! I have missed you!!! Glad to know you were just taking a bit of a break and doing some fun things. Love the blanket, the pillow, the quilt...oh so pretty!!!
    Yea for posting!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your projects look fabulous, glad you are back. Am looking forward to seeing more of your makes, Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the white border you are putting on that sweet first crochet blanket! And your quilting projects are beautiful!

    I am looking forward to seeing how you stitch together your scraps of yarn!...definitely need ideas in that department!

    Don't know if I've left a comment before, but I certainly enjoy looking 'round your blog! You do lovely work - very inspirational!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete