Tuesday 6 June 2017

What Do I Love More



I actually can't decide whether I love or like crochet more than I love or like sewing. For now I love both. I've gone between one to the other for weeks, and am blissfully happy. I don't mean that everything is bliss but right in the middle of life's problem, the valleys and lows, the day to day, the losses, the confusions.......there is this. A place to put away the things that seem to tug your heart way too harshly, even if its just for a few hours. I consider myself blessed and fortunate to have a talent or knack for this kind of work. It really does bring light and contentment when situations beyond your control are far too willing to make life seem bleak. Blessed indeed, that's how I feel.

Then there's the days when Ezra is here.......need I say more. I thought it didn't get any better than when I became a mom to four beautiful girls .....he came along, the son of my beautiful girl. I smile at everything he does. He just got his first tooth, how did I forget how devastatingly cute that tiny first tooth is, its a tooth, but an amazing wee tooth, I know, cheesiness overload .......yeah!!!
Ezra started to crawl, he followed me yesterday as I vacuumed the hallway. No fear, just fascinated by this "strange noisy potential toy".
Lauren put a video of him on instagram, sitting in front of the washing machine, watching the spin cycle.....my heart melted. Why are babies so heart meltingly wonderful.

I guess life is always ups and downs, and though the not so nice bits are just that....not so nice, the joy of family, the pure pleasure of making something others look at and say "Karen , I love it ", the giddyness I always feel in my stomach when my lovely man walks in the garden gate & i see him through the window, far outweighs the things that would attempt to steal my joy.

How nice it is just to put this in words, feels more permanent, more real and makes me realise that I have so much to be eternally grateful for.


I'm off to enjoy some star trek time....voyager....yep I like star trek.....all of them.
I'll probably crochet too, blankets doing well, growing...........
Hope you enjoy your evening too.......however you spend it
LOVE AND BLESSINGS KAREN xxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment