Friday 14 July 2017

Yep Blanket Finish At Last






I DID IT, at long last I actually finished this blanket. Started it way back HERE, quite a while ago!!! I began in colours I liked, but got a bit bored with them, so added a few I wasn't too sure about & bang that was it, I put it away cause I really DID NOT like it at all. I wasn't bothered frogging back and taking the yuk out of it, it was just plahhhhh!!!!
A few months ago however I fished it from the bottom of a much neglected crochet basket and dove right in rip it, rip it, rip it........out they came, gross horrible colours (not really, they just didn't suit the original palette). I cracked on slowly but surely, determined not to consign it again to the shady abyss of crochet basket land.
Until one day (yesterday actually) I stitched in the last loose strand of yarn. Hey heyyyyyyy I'm a happy cookie, a real sense of accomplishment. I'm not in love with the blankie or anything like that, but I do love that I finished it and I do love the fact that I didn't waste it. I think I'll keep it tucked away, save it as a gift for a friend or I know one things for sure, when Lauren sees it....."oh mom PLEASE can I have it". Couldn't think of anyone who will love it more.

Then there's this...........




Saw this blanket on this beautiful blog and started another. I think I began this about a year ago, so now that the pastel wavy one is completo, I can hook to my hearts content & finish this. I want to do at least 5 by 5 squares, 25 in all, I'm on number 14, so a wee bit to go yet. I could conceivably do one a day, but I KNOW ME.......that won't happen. But I will work away at a leisurely pace, I'll enjoy it, stitch by stitch and I, with great excitement, will tah dah the finished throw, which I will absolutely LOVE.
Crochet is a pleasure at the moment, the weather is lovely and outdoor hookery is a must. I do love to soak up every bit of sun we get, Ireland isn't exactly known for its sunshiney days, so I insist on making the most of it. I'm desperate for more, praying for weather favour, longing for it, and adoring it when it's here. Today it's here, tomorrow, who knows!!!!!!!

The weekend has begun and I'm in a relaxing mood.
I'm in the mood for family, friends, a picnic by the lake on Sunday after church, good food, elderflower cordial, a swim (maybe), grandson love and movie or two in the evenings.
Hope yours is lovely too
Loads of love Karen xxxxxxx

6 comments:

  1. I love getting something finished that's been around for ages. You've made such a pretty border for it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl, I love the border cause it meant I was finished :)
      Karen x

      Delete
  2. What a cute blanket. I just discovered your blog. I'm gonna take a look around. hihi.
    Have a nice day.

    Sweet greetings,
    Emily
    (casacreaemilia.blogspot.nl)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily thanks for your lovely comment 😊😊😊

      Delete
  3. Love this pretty blanket and the sweet edging. So nice to get things finished! Happy weekend Karen xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Helen, this one was a long time in the making 😅😅. Def nice to finish xx

    ReplyDelete