Thursday 29 March 2012

Lazy Sunny Days

Thats right, just like the title says lazy, lazy, lazy.........
I've so much work to get done but I just couldn't resist that sun!!!!
Those of you from Ireland understand this, we get so little of it.....that when 
Mr Sun shows his sweet face, I drop everything & head for the garden.
Now to be fair to myself I did tidy up the much neglcted flower beds, planted some more seeds 
& photographed Sophie petting a snail.......


Even I was persuaded to hold the funny slimey thing


Kinda wondered could I cook him in garlic, sophie had snails in Paris recently
 & informs me that he'd be tasty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Enough of that..............I also did a bit of this


My poor neglected blanket finally got some new squares.
Also I'm working on a creation for this 


I've done my blocks, & have stuck to the more easy ones from the farmers wife collection
have a peek




Oh my, this quilt along ends in a day & a half so I've gotta start motoring
Hope to be completed in time as I'd love to be in with a chance of one of the incredible 
prizes here.
It feels good to just enter this & participate anyway.
Need to post my finished entry tomorrow or sat morning at the latest.
Wish me luck :)
Wishing you all a lovely evening & a great weekend
Thanks for dropping by.......
Here's hoping for more nice weather
Lots of love Karen x




6 comments:

  1. I'd be out enjoying some of that sunshine too. Your quilt pattern and colours are lovely and good luck with the competition.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen! Soak up the sun while you get the chance!! Love the Farmer's Wife Blocks in Ruby!! xoxo Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! You definitely have to make the most of the sun don't you. Wow your new blocks are AMAZING!! Now I'm no quilter but are all those tiny triangle pieces stitched together to make a square? They look so perfect. The floral fabrics are just gorgeous. I am going to really enjoy seeing these in future posts!!

    Have a wonderful weekend - hope you get some more sun!
    Leah
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't the sunshine just great?! We're loving being in the garden too!
    Beautiful crochet squares- those colours are so pretty and amaaaazing quilt squares too.
    Good luck getting it all done, and enjoy that sun!!!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about the sun, I headed straight for the garden too! I love your FW blocks, absolutely gorgeous!!

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a beautiful quilt in the making, but Mr Sun has to be followed whenever he makes an appearance! I'm sure he will disappear soon and we can all get back to our hooks LOL! Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete